Thursday, May 1, 2008

What side of a Hall do we walk on???

This is the first post of the Rants section of my site...
A few months ago, I was walking down a hall and a group of gabbing ladies (4 to be exact) was approaching me. I always walk to my right and well these ladies nearly ran me into the wall as I tried to be polite and give them more room, but then I thought to myself WTF!?! (ask a kid what it means.) I had to bite my tongue not to make a scene.

Since then I have been taking note as to these kind of situations. I am ashamed to be a part of a society where more and more people in it, have less and less consideration for others. It seems to happen to me on a daily basis. I know what you are thinking... "Dave come on! You must be a smaller person and they just do not see you..." Think again I am a VERY formidable presence, Mack trucks run themselves off the road rather than to run into me... "Hall Hogging" (my phrase, and yes you can use it just give me credit for coining it.) seems to not be the only blatant disrespect I have been encountering. Take for instance walking through a set of double doors; Seems as if nearly one out of five times I am confronted by a person walking out of the right side door...MY DOOR!!! And I find myself waiting for them to clear MY PATH!

I know this behavior is going to get worse as time progresses unless someone starts teaching kids respect for others, (oh wait, I forgot that is outlawed in schools these days.)I will have to start wearing protective gear just to walk down the hall...Hey that might actually be fun. Remember I am a formidable presence.

No comments: